The ChemNomParse project is an open source project to create a chemical
nomenclature parser. The project aims to build molecules from an IUPAC chemical name
and comes in two parts:
- The ChemNomParse library - which contains the core of the project and
is now part of the CDK.
- Nomen - A complete program which demonstrates the library's
The project is released under the LGPL Licence by the University of Manchester.
The program currently supports:
- Carbon chains upto 99 atoms long as main chains or substituents.
- Cyclic main carbon chains.
- Limited set of organometalics.
- Following organic functional groups occuring 1,2 or 3 times:
- 4 Halogens
- Carboxylic Acid Chloride
- Carboxylic Acid
- Limited benzene rings
- Support for bond orders upto 3